Re: loose source route

  • From: Matt Mathis
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 10:43:49 1995

We depend on LSRR for nearly all of our diagnosis.

My attitude is pretty simple.  LSRR is a mandatory part of IP.  If no LSRR,
it's not IP, and the problem report goes immediately to the owner of the
router in question.

That said, I understand the practicalities of excluding all LSRR at the site
level.  We strongly encourage sites to have at least one address (with IP
forwarding enabled) on the outside of their firewall.

And if a site is having a problem and insists on not running IP, I have no
tools capable of diagnosing their external connectivity.

--MM--