Re: IP provider performance measurement BOF

  • From: Stan Barber
  • Date: Fri Mar 10 00:56:12 1995

I would think that having some kind of uniform measuring stick for providers
is a good thing, not a bad one. I think customers would welcome some kind
of Triple-A Guidebook or some such. Now, I am not saying developing such
a thing would be easy, but I do think it is worthwhile.

That being said, I do agree with Sean that such an effort needs to be driven
by the realities of the provider business (as that changes every microsecond
almost!). Not all providers are in the same business and some provision would
need to be made to help define the various markets and develop mechanisms
for evaluation that includes things like customer-support, business services,
as well as engineering and operations.

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob@academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: bcm!academ!sob