North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
- From: Elise Gerich
- Date: Tue Oct 11 11:51:55 1994
About nine months ago, this group discussed our mission
statement. Mark Knopper and Elise Gerich had presented
a draft statement at the regional-techs meeting in
San Diego, CA. The draft was revised at the meeing
in San Diego, and I would like to post this statement in
the NANOG directory. It is enclosed for your perusal.
Charter for a
North American Network Operators Group
Objectives of the Group
The goals of NANOG are as follows.
1. Will hold 3 regular meetings of network service providers
2. Establish a forum for the exchange of technical information.
3. Discuss specific implementation issues which require cooperation
and coordination among network service providers to ensure the
stability of overall service to the network users.
4. Serve as a focal point for other common activities of the
6. Promote and coordinate interconnection of networks within North
America and to other continents.
Membership and Hosting
The group will have membership that broadly includes network
providers. These may include private, public, federal, commercial
or other networks that consider themselves providers of Internet
services. However the representatives attending this group should
be prepared to engage in technical discussions. Membership
should not be limited to North American participants though
the general focus of the discussion should be from the NA
networking point of view.
Meetings will be hosted by participating network providers who
volunteer to provide facilities. Merit Network Inc. will act
as the convenor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -