Learn & Master Essential Project Management Skills
Merit Network is pleased to host the online course IT Project Management on November 12-16, 2012. The class will meet from noon-5:00 p.m. ET each day. Delivery is online via desktop interface, so you can attend from any location with an Internet connection.
This course is available at very significant discounts below its typical
price, and further discounts are available for Merit Member
organizations that send three or more students. See below for complete
Register to Attend.
In this Global Knowledge class, geared to the needs of IT professionals, you will learn the fundamentals and best practices of project management methodology as applied to IT initiatives. You will practice and master the skills you need to deliver IT projects on time, within budget, and to specification. The class will examine all aspects of IT projects, including hardware, software, vendor relationships, communicating with different audiences, and working with local and remote teams. You will learn to determine project scope, set and manage stakeholder expectations, identify and manage IT risks, and meet quality standards while overcoming the most common pitfalls of IT project success.
View Course Outline.
What You'll Learn
- Examine the IT project life cycle
- Understand project management methodologies
- Build an IT project business case, schedule, and budget
- Estimate IT project costs
- Procure human and capital resources
- Understand typical risks for IT projects
- Identify, assess, and manage risk
- Establish quality metrics
- Monitor project progress
- Create Business Case
- Identify the Stakeholders
- Establish Project Mini-Charter
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure
- Create Network Diagram and Critical Path
- Estimate Schedule and Budget
- Identifying Resource Requirements
- Creating Resource Calendar
- Establish Risk Management Plan and Matrix
- Create Risk Response Strategies
- Create Communication Plan
- Inform Stakeholders through Status Reports
- Using a Decision Tree to Select Vendors
- Analyze Contract Types for Deliverables
- Manage Change Control
- Create Final Project Report
Who Should AttendThe course is geared toward all professionals who work on IT projects,
including IT project managers, IT managers, IT project team members,
associate project managers, project coordinators, project analysts,
project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product
managers, and program managers.
This online course will meet from from noon - 5:00 p.m. ET each day on Monday through Friday, November 12-16, 2012. You may attend from any location that has an Internet connection.
Attendees from Merit Member organizations may attend for $1,395 per person, or just $1,195 each for a Member organization that sends three or more attendees. Attendees from organizations affiliated with Great Plains Network, NJEDge.Net or NYSERNet may attend for $1495 per person. Other non-Members may attend for $1,795 per person. The typical retail price of this course is $2495.
Register to Attend.
Registration may be canceled up to 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, October 19, 2012, minus a processing fee of $35. Refunds are not available after that date; substitutions are allowed if necessary.
Scholarships availableScholarships are available through
the Professional Learning scholarship program.
Anyone from a Merit Member organization may apply for a scholarship, if funding to attend is not otherwise
available through the organization. Scholarship applications must be received by Friday, October 12, 2012. We are grateful to the
Merit Community Supporters for their contribution to the scholarship program.
Read more and apply.
For more information, please contact