Develop Your Leadership Skills and PhilosophyAs part of the Academy Leadership educational program, Merit Network is pleased to present Leadership Boot Camp and Executive Coaching, a 3-day experience in the vital tools of becoming an effective leader. Following are dates of upcoming Boot Camps in Ann Arbor.
View the boot camp agenda.
The boot camp will be led by Dr. Donald J. Welch, President and CEO of Merit Network. Don recently was accredited as an Academy Leadership instructor and is excited to present this inspiring leadership development program to the Merit Community.
Transforming Managers Into LeadersThe leadership and management skills taught at Leadership Boot Camp and Executive Coaching were developed and tested by an elite group of service academy graduates/ex-military officers turned successful entrepreneurs and CEOs. Their leadership strategies and tactics have been battle-tested and proven in the real world.
The boot camp is built on the belief that leadership can be learned—and that all leaders need to develop and nurture their skills throughout their careers. In a recent survey, CEOs said they were born with only 40% of their leadership abilities. The remaining 60% of their leadership skills they developed through education and experience.
After attending the Leadership Boot Camp, attendees report that:
- They are more focused on their key performance indicators for accomplishing corporate goals.
- Everyone in their organization understands their contribution to the overall mission.
- Their people are aligned and working together as a team.
- Communications are dramatically improved because team members now understand expectations.
- Turnover in their organizations shrinks, because workers now respect their bosses as leaders.
- Sales, revenues, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, profit margin, and other key performance indicators improve significantly, demonstrating that the business is now getting the results it needs.
- A three-day, goal-focused, outcome-driven workshop series
- 90 days of follow-up performance coaching
- Audio set of the Leadership Boot Camp workshops
- Workbook including self-evaluation, application and action exercises and feedback material
- Your Personal Leader's Journal Software
- Your Personal Energize2Lead™ Leadership Profile
- A copy of The Leader's Compass: A Personal Leadership Philosophy Is Your Key to Success, 2nd Edition, by Ed Ruggero and Dennis F. Haley. This new edition of The Leader's Compass features the personal leadership philosophy of Bob McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
About Don WelchPlease see the Meet the Instructor web page.
Course CreditsCompleting the Leadership Boot Camp earns you:
- 3 continuing education units (CEUs) from Villanova University
- 36 PDUs from the Project Management Institute
- 21 Recertification Credit Hours
Dates, Times and RegistrationLeadership Boot Camp & Executive Coaching courses will be held at Merit Network's offices at 1000 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 200, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Each day will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m.
Following are dates of upcoming Boot Camps:
Participants who are not from a Merit Member organization may attend for $2650, Academy Leadership's standard fee for the boot camp.