Develop Your Leadership Skills and Philosophy
As part of the Academy Leadership educational program, Merit Network is pleased to present Leadership Boot Camp and Executive Coaching, a 3-day experience in the vital tools of becoming an effective leader. Following are dates of upcoming Boot Camps in Ann Arbor.
Register to attend on February 11-13, 2013.
In this intensive 3-day boot camp, you will create your own personal leadership philosophy, become a better leader and master skills that can help you improve your business results and accelerate your career.
Register to attend on April 15-17, 2013.
View the boot camp agenda.
The boot camp will be led by Dr. Donald J. Welch, President and CEO of Merit Network. Don recently was accredited as an Academy Leadership instructor and is excited to present this inspiring leadership development program to the Merit Community.
Transforming Managers Into Leaders
The leadership and management skills taught at Leadership Boot Camp and Executive Coaching were developed and tested by an elite group of service academy graduates/ex-military officers turned successful entrepreneurs and CEOs. Their leadership strategies and tactics have been battle-tested and proven in the real world.
The boot camp is built on the belief that leadership can be learned—and that all leaders need to develop and nurture their skills throughout their careers. In a recent survey, CEOs said they were born with only 40% of their leadership abilities. The remaining 60% of their leadership skills they developed through education and experience.
After attending the Leadership Boot Camp, attendees report that:
Spending a few days at Leadership Boot Camp can give you the same results, helping you achieve greater levels of organizational and personal success.
- They are more focused on their key performance indicators for accomplishing corporate goals.
- Everyone in their organization understands their contribution to the overall mission.
- Their people are aligned and working together as a team.
- Communications are dramatically improved because team members now understand expectations.
- Turnover in their organizations shrinks, because workers now respect their bosses as leaders.
- Sales, revenues, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, profit margin, and other key performance indicators improve significantly, demonstrating that the business is now getting the results it needs.
View the boot camp agenda.
Your Tuition Includes:
- A three-day, goal-focused, outcome-driven workshop series
- 90 days of follow-up performance coaching
- Audio set of the Leadership Boot Camp workshops
- Workbook including self-evaluation, application and action exercises and feedback material
- Your Personal Leader's Journal Software
- Your Personal Energize2Lead™ Leadership Profile
- A copy of The Leader's Compass: A Personal Leadership Philosophy Is Your Key to Success, 2nd Edition, by Ed Ruggero and Dennis F. Haley. This new edition of The Leader's Compass features the personal leadership philosophy of Bob McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
About Don Welch
Please see the Meet the Instructor web page.
Completing the Leadership Boot Camp earns you:
- 3 continuing education units (CEUs) from Villanova University
- 36 PDUs from the Project Management Institute
- 21 Recertification Credit Hours
Dates, Times and Registration
Leadership Boot Camp & Executive Coaching courses will be held at Merit Network's offices at 1000 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 200, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Each day will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m.
Following are dates of upcoming Boot Camps:
Register to attend February 11-13, 2013.
For boot camp participants who are from a Merit Member organization, the registration fee is just $1850 per person. Registration includes all training materials, course credits as listed above, breakfast, lunch, breaks and beverages.
Register to attend April 15-17, 2013.
Participants who are not from a Merit Member organization may attend for $2650, Academy Leadership's standard fee for the boot camp.
Scholarships are available through the Professional Learning scholarship program. Anyone from a Merit Member organization may apply for a scholarship, if funding to attend is not otherwise available through the organization. Scholarship applications must be received by four weeks before the start of each course. We are grateful to the Merit Community Supporters for their contribution to the scholarship program.
Read more and apply for a scholarship.
Impressions from Past|
Academy Leadership Attendees
"Academy Leadership's Leadership Boot Camp was an exceptional experience. The three day class was conducted boot camp style allowing the participant to really focus on critical leadership principles such as communication, motivation, time management, conflict, and the importance of personalities. The balance between lecture, group participation, and homework was extremely effective in keeping the class both interesting and challenging. I would highly recommend this learning opportunity to anyone who is interested in discovering, developing, enhancing, and refining their personal leadership philosophy!"
Thomas Wolf, Chief Technology Officer
Western Michigan University
"If you want to succeed as a leader and effectively communicate both at work and in your personal life this program is a must. Speaking from actual experience of trying out other programs such as the Gallup StrengthsFinder2.0 or The Myers & Briggs profile assessment I can genuinely say that the Energize2Lead Profile assessment that is part of this program is light years ahead both in accuracy and content. You don't just take this program and return to the office, it changes the way you think and see things. The knowledge and tools you pickup from this program will have a positive permanent change in your career and understanding of yourself and others."
Vasile Negrea, Senior System Administrator
University of Michigan
"I would describe this program as an intensive, three-day forum for assisting with the examination who you are and what you stand for from the perspective of your business and leadership style."
Paul Blake, Network/Telecom Coordinator
"An awesome experience and opportunity to learn about what makes me tick and how to improve in various aspects of leadership."
Kevin Bubb, CIO
Lansing Community College
"I've always considered myself a
leader but never knew how much I
didn't know! I was fortunate to
spend three days with some very
interesting people who wanted to
learn about leadership and learned
so much from each one. It was a
great experience for me!"
"This is an intense look at leadership
principles. It provided a greater
understanding of self, as well as real
world methods to operate better."
Florida Virtual School
"Very powerful. Allows you to see and
improve leadership qualities based on
your own personal style, expectations