Certified Secure Web Application Engineer - C)SWAE : powered by Merit
Merit Professional Learning and the Michigan Cyber Range
are pleased to present Certified Secure Web Application Engineer
- C)SWAE, a multi-day cybersecurity course.
Learn real world security techniques that enable you to recognize vulnerabilities, exploit system weaknesses and help safeguard against threats.
This course is designed to equip attendees with the knowledge and tools needed to identify and defend against security vulnerabilities in software applications. Students will put theory to practice by completing real world labs that include testing applications for software vulnerabilities, identifying weaknesses in design through architecture risks analysis and threat modeling, conducting secure code reviews and more. On the final day of training, students will complete a real world hacking exercise on a live web application.
Upon completion, attendees should have the skills to perform the following:
- Identify application security vulnerabilities in any software application
- Review software architecture diagrams and identify attack points
- Perform web application penetration testing
- Identify vulnerabilities as they relate to the OWASP Top 10
- Perform advanced attacks against web applications
- Design controls to defend against application vulnerabilities
- Perform security code reviews
- Develop security test scripts
- Build a web hacking toolbox
- Integrate security best practices into the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical individuals concerning application vulnerabilities.
Experience in at least 2 modules of the outline is beneficial but not required.
Who Should Attend?
IT security professionals.
About the Curriculum
The training curriculum for this course is developed and provided by Mile2, a developer and provider of vendor neutral professional certifications for the cyber security industry.
About the Michigan Cyber Range
This course is presented through the facilities of the
Michigan Cyber Range
, and all exercises will be conducted within the Cyber Range infrastructure. Hosted by Merit Network, the Michigan Cyber Range enables individuals and organizations to develop detection and reaction skills through simulations and exercises. The program offers students and IT professionals a full curriculum of meetings and workshops as well as critical cybersecurity training and awareness tools. More information on the Michigan Cyber Range can be found at www.merit.edu/cyberrange/
The Certified Secure Web Application Engineer
class will meet from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) over the dates registered.
Course registration may be canceled by the date below, minus a processing fee of $35. Refunds are not available after that date; substitutions are allowed if necessary.
- Registration for the course that starts on December 7, 2015 may be canceled up to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on November 13, 2015.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact email@example.com
at least two weeks in advance. Please note that advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time to arrange than others.
Other courses available at the Michigan Cyber Range.