Learn to Analyze & Mitigate IT Security Threats and RisksMerit Professional Learning and the Michigan Cyber Range are pleased to present Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO). The course prepares and certifies you to analyze an organization's information security threats and risks, and to design a security program to mitigate them.
The CISSO course is designed for a forward-thinking security professional or consultant who manages or plays a key role in an organization's information security department. Whether you are a security officer, a business analyst, an IT auditor or responsible for the management of an Information Security team, the Certified Information Security Officer (CISSO) course is an ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise and skill. The CISSO course, and subsequent examination, is the most up to date, practical and effective program available in the world today. The CISSO program is closely aligned with the leading standards of ISO27001, NIST, CISM® and the 2012 CISSP® CBK® Exam objectives, and it excels by providing a well-rounded and comprehensive overview of each topic area without being restricted to a single model or conceptual approach.
The CISSO course prepares you for the certification exam through Mile2, which is likewise aligned with the ISO27001, NIST, CISM® and the 2012 CISSP® CBK® objectives.
View a list of module topics and detailed course outline.
View certification exam details.
Recommended PrerequisitesExperience in at least two modules of the outline is beneficial but not required.
Who Should Attend?Security managers/officers, IT auditors, business analysts.
About Course Delivery Methods and ExercisesAnn Arbor & Online:
- Taught in a classroom at Merit Network's offices (see information below).
- Simultaneously, a limited number of other students can connect using their own computer from any location that has a reliable Internet connection, as with the "Live Online" option. You will be asked for your preference in the weeks before the class begins.
- In-classroom instructor leads class during the hours as listed.
- It is recommended but not required that students attending in Ann Arbor bring a laptop (any variety).
- Exercises are conducted using the infrastructure of the Michigan Cyber Range.
- Instructor conducts class online.
- Students connect using their own computer from any location that has a reliable Internet connection.
- Exercises are conducted using Mile2's cyber range infrastructure.
- Mile2 sends course materials and virtual classroom connection instructions to students before the start of the course.
About the CurriculumThe training curriculum for this course is developed and provided by Mile2, a developer and provider of vendor neutral professional certifications for the cyber security industry.
The Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) has recognized that Mile2's certification courseware meets all the elements of the CNSS National Training Standards.
About the Michigan Cyber RangeThe Michigan Cyber Range prepares cybersecurity professionals to detect, prevent and thwart cyberattacks in a real-world setting. Like a test track or a firing range, the Michigan Cyber Range enables individuals and organizations to conduct "live fire" exercises: simulations that test the detection and reaction skills of participants in a variety of situations. The Michigan Cyber Range also offers certification courses for a number of cybersecurity disciplines, with instruction available OnSite and Live Online. A full training schedule may be found at the Merit Michigan Cyber Range web site, www.merit.edu/cyberrange/. The Michigan Cyber Range is hosted and facilitated by Merit Network in partnership with the State of Michigan and with the sponsorship of Consumers Energy, DTE Energy and Juniper Networks.
Meet the InstructorKevin Henry, CISSP-ISSEP, CISA, CISM, CBCI, CRISC, C)SWAE, C)ISSO
Kevin Henry is an international author, consultant and renowned speaker. He is the official course development writer for ISC2 CISSP, ISACA CRISC and Mile2's C)ISSO and C)PTE. Kevin has provided IT and information security consulting and support services for organizations around the world for over 30 years, setting up information security programs and addressing areas ranging from in-depth risk analysis to policy creation and security awareness. He is the author to the latest CPTE prep guide, Penetration Testing: Protecting Networks and Systems.
Times, Pricing and RegistrationThe Certified Information Systems Security Officer class will meet Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) over the dates registered.
- Registration for the course that starts on February 24 may be canceled up to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Friday, January 31, 2014.
Information for Classes Held in Ann ArborIn-person classes are held at Merit Network's offices at 1000 Oakbrook Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104. Continental breakfast, beverages and snacks will be provided each day.
Get directions to Merit's offices.
Hotels and restaurants are located nearby.
Other courses available at the Michigan Cyber Range.