Some news from the world of IT...
Files of more than 40,000 federal workers breached in cyberattack
- It's the second breach this year at a major firm handling national security background checks for workers at federal agencies.
Critical vulnerability in Git clients puts developers at risk
- Malicious Git code repositories can execute rogue commands on client machines interacting with them.
After 'Utter Devastation' of Sony Hack, Experts Ask: Who's Next?
- Massive cyberattacks on companies like Target and Home Depot have grabbed public attention in the past year, but cybersecurity experts say the Sony hack was designed to cause "utter devastation" on an unprecedented scale.
- The new Libscore search engine, which crawls the Web tracking library usage, affirms jQuery's dominance among popular sites.
Bad Bots On The Rise
- Humans remain outnumbered by bots online, new data shows.
ICANN targeted by Spear Phishing attack, several systems impacted
- ICANN says that multiple employees had their credentials compromised.
Clean up your Wordpress plugins to avoid SoakSoak and other malware threats
- More than 100,000 Wordpress websites have been compromised as a result of unused or insecure plugins.
Skype Translator is the most futuristic thing I've ever used
- It's like something straight out of science fiction.
German researchers discover a flaw that could let anyone listen to your cell calls and read your texts
- The spying can happen even on cellular networks using the most advanced encryption now available.
Alcatel-Lucent Advances on Report of Merger Talks With Nokia
- Alcatel-Lucent SA shares jumped as much as 8.2 percent after a German magazine reported that the French network-equipment maker is in merger talks with Finnish competitor Nokia Oyj.
ZeuS variant strikes 150 banks worldwide
- A new strain of the malevolent ZeuS malware has been discovered targeting over 150 banks and 20 payment systems across the globe.
Spark Emerges as Yet Another Malware That Targets Retailers
- With Spark, retailers and payment processors now have a new strain of malware to be concerned about.
Hybrid Cloud Adoption Set for a Big Boost in 2015
- Cloud market expected to see 23% growth in the new year, thanks to security efforts and hybrids.
How to avoid getting hacked when shopping online
- The hectic shopping season isn't just about finding perfect gifts. It's also prime time for identity thieves to snag your info.