News from the world of IT...
OpenSSH Vulnerability Exposes Servers to Brute Force Attacks
- A vulnerability in OpenSSH can be exploited to bypass the maximum number of authentication attempts and launch brute force attacks against a targeted server, a researcher has warned.
Bug in latest version of OS X gives attackers unfettered root privileges
- Released proof-of-concept exploit code could make existing Mac attacks meaner.
Chryslers can be hacked over the Internet
- A flaw in several Chrysler models lets hackers remotely control them over the Internet, posing an unprecedented danger for American drivers.
FTC sues identity protection service LifeLock again
- The agency contends the company hasn't complied with a 2010 settlement.
Two sentences explaining why your self-driving car won't have a steering wheel
- Self-driving cars are on the horizon, but don't expect them to include a steering wheel for you to grab.
In Apple Watch Debut, Signs of a Familiar Path to Success
New York Times
- Some technology pundits have declared the device a flop, but Apple has a history of using incremental improvements to make its products indispensable.
Class Action Suit Against Neiman Marcus Over Data Breach Revived
- It turns out that Neiman Marcus, one of many retailers that announced it suffered a data breach last year, will indeed face a class action lawsuit which claims the upscale department store failed to protect its system from hackers.
How to check if you've been attacked by Hacking Team intrusion malware
- Here's how to find out if you're infected.
How Attivo Networks is Raising the Bar on Honeynet Security
- Four-year-old startup Attivo Networks of Fremont, Calif. is one of those new-gen thought leaders, bringing its own approach to security in a sector called honeynets.
Sen. Al Franken Urges Federal Probe of Apple Music
- Several weeks after the launch of Apple Music, Sen. Al Franken has sent a letter to two federal agencies urging them to look into the way Apple operates its music-streaming service.
Nonstop Cyber Attacks Drive Israel to Build Hack-Proof Defense
- The country takes steps to stop cyber attacks.
Microsoft to make enterprise security tools available
- Advanced Threat Analytics and Rights Management Service to be offered next month.
New Google timeline archives your every move
- You may not be conscious of most of the time, but Google loves tracking your every move. That's what makes many of its location-based services possible.
Consumers browsing -- but not buying -- via mobile and social media
- While mobile devices are effective tools for browsing online, and social media can help consumers learn more about products they're interested in, they don't generally lead to purchases, according to a new study.
Is your car vulnerable to hackers?
- 'Everything is hackable,' but the auto industry says it's investing heavily in R&D and information sharing to shield cars from cyber attacks.