Some news from our Members...
Michigan State Preparing future STEM faculty as top teachers
Michigan State University
- Michigan State University will help improve the preparation of thousands of future professors as part of a national network focused on improving teaching in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM.
Central Michigan University Support Puts Book in Elementary Schools
San Francisco Gate
- As part of efforts to advertise its new master of arts degree in reading & literacy K-12, expected to be offered in January, CMU purchased 205 copies of the alphabet-themed "Z to A in the Great Lakes Bay," picture book for distribution to schools in September and October.
Ann Arbor Schools to Launch Virtual Academy
- As the state of Michigan expands online learning opportunities to younger students, Ann Arbor Public Schools is preparing to launch its own virtual academy.
Plainfield Public Library Recycling Holiday Lights
- The Plainfield Public Library urges not to throw them away. Drop them off at the library so the lights can be recycled and re-purposed by Elgin Recycling.
Mona Shores Schools Won Food Drive Competition
- And now for a good news story about teenagers: Students at four Muskegon County high schools collected an incredible 12,495 food items during a friendly competition to stock up local pantries for the needy.
Davenport University starts new master's degree in health information
Mid Michigan's Second Wave
- Interested in obtaining a masters degree in health informatics and information management? Well, take a gander at Davenport University in Midland, as it's the first university in Michigan to offer the specialized degree.
Mott Community College to offer free portraits for third annual 'Help-Portrait' event
- Next weekend, Mott Community College will continue an annual tradition of offering free professional photos for one day.
Kellogg Community College Teacher Unveils China Photo Exhibit
- A teacher at Kellogg Community College has turned a teaching and traveling trip to China into a photo exhibit opening next month in Kalamazoo.